Thursday, August 4, 2011

Writing About Writing

Image from www.law.georgetown.edu
It's a funny thing, writing about writing. I've often thought that the most entertaining thing for a writer to do would be to concurrently write a book about the process of writing a book while writing another one. When you're inside the process, that's by far the best time to express what it entails. Right?

I got this idea to pitch a book called How to Write a Book about Writing a Book While Writing a Book one day while I was bidding on freelance gigs. I do lots of business writing, SEO articles, blog posts, other Web content, etc. I'm also writing a novel. One of the gigs I bid on was for someone to write an ebook about how to write a book. I thought it would be a riot to write a "how-to" book on writing while immersed in a separate, major writing project.

I didn't win that particular bid, but I'm still thinking of pitching the idea to my editor. There would be lots of humor deriving from the absurdity of the task, and it could probably be fairly entertaining. A chance to get inside a novelist's head while he's creating his masterpiece. Or whatever.

Cheers,

WKF

P.S. On a tangentially related note, I spent approximately an ice age searching for the just-write over art to accompany the ebook version of my work-in-progress, Manifestations. I finally settled on this one because it's so deliciously creepy.

Your Preview Image

No comments:

Post a Comment